I just posted Groundwater Vistas 6.17 Build 1 to our web site today. It includes the following enhancements:
- GV can now import the Multi-node Well (MNW1) input file. This is done either when importing the whole model into Vistas or you can import just the mnw1 package using BCs|Import|Modflow Package. This import is not totally general but does work when importing MNW files from Visual MODFLOW. If you have a file that was created somewhere else and it is not working, please send it to me.
- Increased the number of parameters for PEST from 300 to 600. Note that this does not include pilot points which do not have a limit. This maximum is for zone-based and boundary condition parameters (e.g. for the Model|Pest|Parameters spreadsheet).
- The INI files which preserve settings for many of the imports and exports in Vistas used to be saved in the gwv6 directory. You now have the option of saving them in the project working directory. This option is found under File|Properties.
- When using PEST, it is often better to use commandline versions of the models. We had been using the version of MT3DMS that was compiled by the author. However, there were some hardwired dimensions that were not large enough for some users. We now have our own commandline versions (in both 32 and 64 bit) with dimension consistent with the Windows version of MT3DMS that comes with GV6.
- When importing recharge via the row-column-stress period import, there is now an option to add the rates to the current rates in the model.
Keep those suggestions coming!