Tuesday, March 10, 2009

User Alert - Please Send GWV Files

When emailing us about technical support questions, please include your GWV file if your question is specific to your model. You do not need to send the gwv file if you question is conceptual or general in nature. However, if you are asking about convergence issues, memory errors, display problems, or anything detailed about your particular model, we cannot answer without seeing your model. We treat every file as confidential and delete them after the question has been answered so you don't need to worry that you are violating client confidentiality.

I cannot count the times over the past few months where my answer to technical support questions is "I cannot answer that without seeing your model". I am not clairvoyant and I cannot see your computer screen from my office in Pennsylvania.

You can get your gwv file to me in three ways: (1) email it if the zipped file is less than 5 megs, (2) upload to www.groundwatermodels.com - click Clients button, (3) upload to your own ftp site. In all of these cases, though, please compress your file using WinZip or other file squashing program.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home